Friday, April 6, 2018

Life is Great

Greeting!

When,  I did my internship at the Women's Shelter in 2008, I developed a summer program schedule for the children.  Lots of games, arts and crafts and stories.  I will never forget this adorable little 3 year old girl.  She was so sweet and her curls bounced with her skip and walk attitude.  One day, I came into the center and she was at the end of a long hall and when she locked eyes with mine, she happily announced, "She's back!"  I am back! 

This week has flown by.  Easter, crafting and lots of opportunities for future callings.  I took a few photos on my phone of the Easter service. 



Easter with Genesis Ministries was amazing.  We were shuttled down a hill and rough road to this amazing site of chairs lined up, tables ready, and the most loving people gathered to celebrate the living Christ.  Down the middle of isle of chairs was a huge rock with a sweet purple flower swaying in the wind.  God is so amazing.  We stayed for lunch and the Texas sun put a little color on the top of John's head and on my arms.  One of my friends said the count was about 175+.  I visited with some great people and came home feeling very loved.  I love the Genesis Ministry family.  I fixed a jar (almost a gallon) full of Easter Candy for the boys.  I love the boys in the recovery program.  I have seen transformation in each of them.  I also made a chocolate cherry trifle. 

John is doing better.  His infection (on both arms) started healing with steroids.  Now he is in the tapering off process.    Last week we went to the VA for a new doctor and was thankful for the opportunity to change providers.  The hospital is huge and after seeing so many vets without legs, it makes one very thankful and humble.  Pray for the men and women that have been injured in war or service related accidents.  Made me proud to be an American.  Friday, John had a follow up appointment with the cardiologist about the vein in his leg.  The doctor was thinking it might need to be replaced but the numbers were good and he will wait until December to check it again. 

The Dodge Journey has made us very happy.  It is bigger than the Mustang and rides smooth.  Joey is driving the Mustang and he is happy with the gas mileage.  So we have happy wheels. 

Big news for our son, Joey.  I am so proud of him.  Starting Monday, he will be the  new Meat Market Manager in Wimberley.  It is a great store (small)  to learn how to be a manager for Brookshire's.  He is a little nervous about learning so much, but he has the right attitude and that is what counts. My prayers were answered and I am full of thanksgiving and praise. 

The days are so warm and delightful.  As soon as the pollen and little little whirl-y  gigs stop , John and I will do some flower planting. 

The promise for today is: 


May the Lord bless you and keep you. Thank you for stopping by.   Come again! 

Love is in the ink!
Love is in my heart! 

Love, Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment