Saturday, March 31, 2018

Day 40 of the 40 day Prayer Challenge

Shalom!

A few days ago, I was looking at the end of this journey, but today, I believe it is the beginning of a new life of prayer.  I am so excited to take this journey each day to come.  I have little trigger thoughts as I pray or start to pray.  I will often ask God to show me how to pray before I pray.

The title is Prayer Alphabet. 

Take away is:  Prayer is the difference between the best we can do and the best God can do.

The foundation scripture is Romans 8: 26-27.

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

The title refers to a little story about a grandfather overhearing his granddaughter pray.  She was saying the alphabet.  When he asked her about it, she said, she was letting God put the letters together anyway He want to. I love the way children think.  We have so much to learn from them.  Sometimes, I let my tears do the praying.  No words just tears.  I asked God once "... if I had cried enough tears to wash His feet?" He never answered.  Maybe when I get to heaven, I will find out.  My heart is very tender.

Tomorrow is a day of celebration at church.  He has risen!  Sunday has come, type of day!  John says he is going with me.  They are having a big dinner after service.  I love my church family.  I continue to pray for a building that will meet all the needs.  No empty chairs should happen in any church.  My church opens the doors and arms to all.  Hurting, celebrating, or a new soul searching for Christ.  They give and serve.  It is amazing!

The promise for today is





 

I may take a few days off.  I need some time to make some decisions about opportunities God has put in front of me.  I have been very busy with keeping up with the blog, John, and other daily pulls.  I have to find a new schedule so I can run the race. 

I love each one of you.  I appreciate your commitment to read my blog and thoughts each day. 
Enjoy the holiday. 

Love is in the ink!
Love is in my heart!
Love, Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment