Friday, March 30, 2018

Day 39 of 40

Greetings on Good Friday! 

The death of Christ on the cross.  At the time, it could have been anything far from GOOD!  But as we see what was about to happen we see Goodness, Grace, a whole bunch of Glory and a ton of forgiveness for all. 


Thinking!” And “Listening.”  What a gift today has been. 

Today the title is:  Holy Ground. 

The takeaway is:  The purpose of prayer is not to give orders to God, the purpose is to get orders from God. 

The foundation scripture is:  Exodus 3: 1-5.
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”
When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”
And Moses said, “Here I am.”
“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”
What a message! Sometimes events happen and I just know it was from God.  When I travel East of my home, I have to go over a beautiful windy road called “Devils Backbone.”  The view is breathtaking and it the landscape changes with the seasons.  The name came from the Calvary that once used that road and with every Calvary a man of the cloth traveled with them.  This one time a monk traveled that was mean and very grabby.  His name meant Backbone.  Because he acted like the devil the name Devil’s Backbone came about.  I love thinking about driving over the devil to see God’s beauty.  I call it Holy Ground.  Many drives over that road, I have cried a flood of tears as God has spoken to me.   One time, I was crying out to God and questioning why he kept my granddaughter from me.  With a clear and very loud voice he said, “I am a jealous God.”  I never forgot that time.  I did love her more than God.  He just wanted me to take off my sandals and listen.  I cried and was deeply hurt, but I listened. 
At the moment, I don’t have any sandals.  I wonder if that means …… everywhere I go, I am standing on Holy Ground.  I love the way God speaks to my heart.  I have other Holy Ground moments but not enough ink.   

The promise for today is:  It is precious for Me to see My faithful ones come home.  Psalm 116: 15

Life is good.  I have been with God all day.  He never leaves me or forsakes me.  If you don’t have that relationship with God, open His word and start soaking up the love he has for you.  Start in the gospel of John.  Thank you for stopping by. 

Love is in the ink! 
Love is in my heart! 

Love, Mary Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment