Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Day 36 of 40


 Howdy,  

The wildflowers are preparing for a drink of rain.  It seems like we have had a lot of rain, but we still need more.  We have a water holding tank under ground called the Edward Aquifer.  The weathermen measure the water table and lets the people of Texas know what we need to do.  If we don’t get rain, we will be praying for rain. 

Today, I slept and planned my move into making the spare bedroom into a War Room.  I am almost done.  I have been sleeping in the spare room since about a month after John’s heart attack.  I am a very light sleeper and John is very loud and not always thinking about me.  He has some wild dreams with all sorts of sounds.   He turns the lights on and bangs around in the bathroom.  Instead of being annoyed, I moved in the spare room.  I still hear him, but the sounds are some what muffled.  This will also eliminate some of my clutter with books and journals in the kitchen.    I can leave the lap top up in the spare room.

The lesson title today is Senior Partner. 

The takeaway: What we keep we ultimately lose; what we give away we ultimately get back.

The foundation verse is Matthew 6:20. 

20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

One of the quotes in the Circle Maker talks about “…unpacking your casket.”  You can’t take anything with you, except your heart and soul.  I have been unpacking my casket for some time.  I have enjoyed what I have had , but the closer I get to heaven, I want to give it away.  I want to live life simple.  John fights the thought of a nursing home, but I don’t.  I just want a nice comfortable chair a good reading lamp and lots of paper and books.  Especially my Bible.  I know where everything is in that Bible.  I have it under lined and marked up.  I am looking for the right person to give several things to.  I have given some jewelry to a couple of girls, John and I cared for.  Oh, I forgot….I would like nice meals. Nothing fancy just nice meals with no kitchen clean up.  

The lesson today is about letting Christ be your main partner. The
author reminds the reader that Christ is the same today as He was in the Bible.  He still heals, loves, forgives, and answers prayers.  He is all powerful and his promises are promises that are never broken.  He has been saving me daily lately from saying things I will regret. I am so thankful for that.  I love living quiet and thankful. 

The promise for today is: 
Never tire of doing good for in time you will reap a harvest.  Galatians 6:9

  
I will take my reward in heaven.  I can’t wait for that day.  No more unpacking! 😊 

I love you all.  I pray that you will think about your last journey and live each day like it is your last.  I serve a Mighty God and He loves you. 

Love is in the ink. 
Love is in my heart. 

Love, Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment