Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 8 of 40

Howdy! 

The weather is still gloomy wet and cold.  Spring has to be close.  Yesterday, when I was at my neighbors house, her bluebonnets were popping up all over in her driveway.  It was a sign for me that beauty was on it's way and my heart rejoiced.  

The reading of Day 8 was titled:  One God-Idea

Ideas flood my mind at times.  Sometimes, I have to get up in the night to write them down or pray about them.  Sometimes, they are so big that I have to readjust them for the mind of a 72 year old.  I don't think, I have ever read anything about ideas and God.  I just assumed He was the creator of all, but this study made me think of it differently.  He gave Noah an idea but Noah had to put it in action.  He planned years ahead of time by planting trees.  I serve a huge God and He provides everything.  He provides big ideas and small ideas and sometimes puts me in the midst of them.  Wow!  Now I see how He has used me.  A little church not far from here is putting snacks and lunches for children for the weekends.  What a gift of love.  She calls it the Backpack Ministry.  I love the idea and pray it will spread through America to feed our children.  She provided a simple list of ideas.  When I expended on the idea of blogging my journal writing, I knew God had a plan.  I was shocked when I first called myself a writer.  Writing is what I needed to heal from past hurts.  It worked!  

Job 12: 7-8 was also a great idea from God.  He wants us to view the animals and birds and learn from them.  I want to be a little lamb with soft snow white fleece, but sometimes I am a snapping turtle.  What a great illustration of self.  I need to pray about the character of the lamb as a goal. 




Sheep are stupid, and sometimes that is what I am.  I only want to be the little lamb that is held and stroked.  Admired enough for a story to be told about my character after I go to be with Jesus forever. 

Promise for today:  God sets the lonely in families.  He brings out the prisoners with singing, but the rebellious dwell in a sun`scorched land.  Psalm 68:6

Hope you enjoy the add on's.  I didn't take a photo of the sick, my country and several others. 

May the Lord bless you and keep you!

I might have to finish this in the morning.  My battery is getting low. :)  Will post what I have done.  Love you!  Mary Kay




No comments:

Post a Comment