Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Day 6 and 7 of the 40 day prayer challenge

Good Evening!

The weather is gloomy and we have had a soft cold rain all day.  Makes you want to crawl back into bed and cover up with a quilt.  I did sleep in a little bit this morning but for the most part, I have been up.  I went to the grocery store, finished making a meat loaf that John started, made some baked apple, and delivered part of it to my neighbor lady that lives alone.  That took up some of my day.

This morning, I spent some amazing time reading, writing in my journal and praying about what I had read.  The challenge has opened up a new way to think. I love to learn and I am learning so much.  I will give you a brief summary of day 6 and 7 and than I will try and share my thoughts on how big my God is.

 Day 6 was ''Shameless Audacity."

 It was taken from Luke 11: 5-8.  I will admit when I first read the scripture, I was completely lost and had to read a couple commentaries and more of the lesson.  Why would a man knock on his friend's door at midnight for bread?  Just because he had a guest?  Couldn't he wait until the morning?  The story isn't like that at all.  It is an invitation for us to come to Christ anytime.  Midnight doesn't matter. We must come to Jesus with boldness. I was also taken back  that he used the word "lend "and asked for 3 loaves. Perhaps it was a reminder,  that all we ask for comes,  from the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.    Ask, seek and knock with boldness because it may look like audacity, however it may just be strong faith.  I looked at my prayer life and in the past, I have often felt anything but bold.  Today is a new day and I have a new boldness. The door is open! It was never shut. 

Day 7 was titled "Put on Waders." 

The story was centered around Matthew 14: 25-33.  It is a story most of us might remember.  Jesus walked out to the boat and it scared Peter.  Peter being the talkative one wanted to know who it was?
When he found out  it was Jesus, he asked to walk on the water.  In faith, believing Jesus... was Jesus he walked on the water.  The story of the "Wader" was also a  faith builder.  A little community gathered to pray for rain. Only one man came in waders, because he believe God would send rain.  God did send rain.  God can do anything at anytime.  We must ask and believe! One of the discussion questions asked, when was I willing to step out in faith? I have many faith stories, but buying a different vehicle was the most recent.  My husband and I hadn't planned to buy a vehicle just yet.  With God's direction and guidance, I believe we accomplish a step in faith  Meeting my brothers last week made me weary, but I knew God was with me.  I stepped out in faith and it went well.  When we worked at the Children's Home, we took care of girls and folded index card to be placed in front of each table setting with a prayer request on it.  They switched around and each girl had a chance to pray for that need.  We saw many answers to prayer and the joy in the hearts of each girl when the prayer was answered was a sheer delight.  When John had his heart attack, I knew he would be okay and he was.  Ask in faith, believing! 

Tomorrow is about Dreaming Big!  I read ahead and it knocked my socks off. 

This is a photo of my prayer circles, I use the circles to remind myself who to pray for.  I kneel in prayer next to my bed.  My bed is my alter.  I will show you some more tomorrow.  On the back side, I have added scripture to fit that person.  It is very powerful to kneel and pray for those you love.  Tomorrow, will be a great challenge and oh, how I need that one.  I have more circles, but I wanted to save some for tomorrow. 








The promise for today is:  You can trust in Me for I will never forsake you.   Psalm 9:10

This has been a great day.  I am so glad you came to keep in touch with my life and the blessings that God showers on me.  I pray the same for you and I hope you come back tomorrow. 

There is not one request that is to big or small for my God.  He smiles down on me and sends signs and wonders.  He loves to answer prayers and sometimes it is even bigger and better than what we asked for. 

Love is in the ink! 
Love, Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment