Friday, February 23, 2018

Day 9

Shalom, 

Day 9 has a title and it is Dream Factory.  It also has a reference verse.  It is 2 Corinthians 10:5 and it says,  " We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."  This verse fits right in with my argument with John a little while ago.  He gets frustrated with doctors, medicine and instructions and tends to take it out on me.  I can take so much and than the old snapping turtle comes out in me.  Than I have to ask for forgiveness and start all over.  John is having issues with the VA.  It is so sad that one person doesn't follow through in the billing department in a doctor's office. 

The workbook wanted to know what ways I capture creative thoughts and use them for God?  Sometimes in an everyday life situation, I think about how I can use that in a book or story that I have been writing.  God is the author of my writing and life.  I have used lots of ink and journal space to record thoughts for future use. At the moment, I am still processing John's attitude.  It didn't mesh with mine.  I pray faithfully for John to be healed and stop being frustrated.  I am so thankful he is alive and doing better  I know this might sound odd but this weather doesn't help anything.  We both need to be outside in the sunshine.  It has been raining again today.  I miss the porch and working outside.  Everything is wet and cold.  I need to be more disciplined to my dreams. 

A few days ago, I took all the hearts out of a deck of cards and covered them with glue and tissue paper.  Today I added lace, a little scripture and some little flowers. I will use them in my little junk journals.  Next, I will do the clubs in green for St. Patty's Day.  I will take some photos when I have them done. 

I love this study and in many ways, I have been convicted to see my flaws.  I have a lot to work on.  Walking with Jesus is a journey. 

Make sure you look at yesterday's post.  I added some more photos.  I didn't want to leave my daughter and her family out. 

Never underestimate the power of a single prayer. This was from a  Mark Batterson quote on page 39 of the workbook. 

The promise for today is:  I hear you when you ask for anything according to My will.  1 John 5:14


Rest well and pray for pleasant dreams.  He will provide.  Thank you for stopping by and email me if you have a prayer request.  I love to pray and see how God answers.  He is amazing! 

Love is in the ink!
Love is in my heart. 

Love, Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment