Sunday, February 18, 2018

Day 5 of 40

Greetings! 

The clock says 9:07 pm.  I took a long nap this afternoon so I am wide awake.  I just finished talking to my friend, Jeanie.  We have been friends since high school and we keep our friendship alive with sharing, prayer and memories.  I love Jeanie and I know she love me.  She lives in Wisconsin and I am way down here in Texas.  Everyone should have a friend like Jeanie. 

Today,  the Circle Maker talked about Writing it Down!  My favorite thing to do.  I am never alone when I have my Bible, Jesus and my journal.  Mark Batterson suggested to take your journal with you, where ever you go.  I have always left mine home, but that changed this morning.  I took it to church with me. It will now become as important as the car keys.   It is a documentation of what God is doing in my life. I couldn't wait to come home and read the verses again.  I even added some things about Nehemiah.  He was a great man.  As I wrote in my prayer journal, I asked God to give my son the love Nehemiah had for God, his devotion to prayer, his ability to be  a hard worker , his courage and perseverance, but most of all his covenant with God.  The message seem to fit in with day 5 of the 40 day prayer challenge.  God is so good. 

Habakkuk 2:2 was also recommended  verse. The Lord asked him to "write down the revelation."  As humans we have often forget and the journal becomes the antidote, to spiritual amnesia.  What a mighty God we serve. He has left nothing out for our ability to  learn. 

One of the last classes I took for my degree was a online creative writing class.  I loved that class.  I started journal writing in 1993 and have faithfully continued daily since.  It has changed over time, but now I write many scriptures and pray over them with someone in mind.  I loved that this challenge, encouraged journals.  My journals have been private up until a few months ago.  I gave one to a friend.  The response was not what I wanted.  I decided never to do that again.  I am taking that thought back.  I don't believe I share anything but my love for the Lord and what I need to work on.  I am going to start reading back a week or two to see what God has done.  I know it is more than I could imagine.  I love to share my love in ink. 

The promise for today is:  I will bless you in times of mourning with My comfort.  
                                                   Matthew 5:4
It has been a great day. I am so thankful for my church family, answered prayers and the love of God.  I am learning to love like Jesus!

May Jesus show his favor on you and bless you and keep you until we can meet again. 
Thank you for stopping by. 

Love, Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment