Thursday, December 14, 2017

Wrinkles!

Greetings!

John and I went to San Marcos today for grocery shopping.  I love San Marcos.  I went to college in SM and graduated when I was 62 from Texas State University.  Everywhere, we went college students waited on us.  I have been shopping in New Braunfels because of John's doctor appointments and a new shopping center, I love.  However, I love the students and to see their faces light up when I ask them"... what they are studying?"  Some very  happy moments in my life took place on the Texas State campus hill.  One girl is finishing her degree in Art Education.  We had a great little chat.  She told me, I was "Arty looking!"  I think it is the braid and a look and glow of the hippy generation  Only another artist would understand that glow.  Made me want to go home and paint and write.  Some day, I will put the two together.

This morning, I spent some time looking at my skin.  My skin has taken on a different texture and aging has moved in.   I noticed several other ladies today and how the aging process had altered their life style.   The wrinkles on my face are like road maps and some are deep and engraved with stories.  I have shed lots of tears in my life.  Tears of sorrow and happiness.  The tears find the wrinkles and follow the map. That  salty taste of tears always disappears, but leaves memories.  To think Jesus saves my tears.  I wonder if I had enough to wash His feet?  When we came home from shopping, I was exhausted.  I couldn't wait to take a nap.

The promise for today is:  I will keep you safe from trouble for I am your hiding place. 
                                                                               Psalm 32:7


Psalm 103 is calling me back to memorizing each word.  I am still working on 5 verses.




Psalm 103:1-5

Of David.

Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.







It is time to put my wrinkles to bed. I am so tired.  Tomorrow is a new day.  :)  

May the Lord bless you and keep you in the palm of His hand.  

Love is in the ink.  
Mary Kay



















No comments:

Post a Comment