Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Lavish Love!

Good Morning!

I love how my Lord touches my life and those around me.  I tried to go back to bed and God kept running the same story over and over in my head.  I love it when He makes sure I understand what He wants me to remember.

Yesterday, a new friend came over for tea.  We had a delightful visit and and we both shared about our love and concern for our children.  I remembered the many times, I heard the story of the Prodigal Son and how I had formed my own story based on my children.  I was so wrong.  My story was not right and now I believe my understanding is more of what God wants me to share.  Look up the word Prodigal.  According to Merriam-Webster online dictionary it means profuse or wasteful expenditure:  Lavish and abundantly are also words in the definition.  This is a story about the Father waiting for his son to come home.  He waited with lavish love for him.  I don't know how long he waited but I know he loved that boy.  He expected him to come home.  He had planned the party way before seeing him from afar.  God emphasized the words lavish and expecting for me to think about.  Sometimes, I let my thoughts run wild and create my own story line.  Forgive me, Father when I do that.  With lavish love, I expect my prayers to be answered and mighty acts of God to be revealed to me.

An example of this lavish love came this weekend when I saw my son, excited about his life in Christ.  Then my neighbors daughter found a lump in her breast and the biopsy returned with no cancer.  Many people prayed for that family and God delivered His lavish love on them.  Finally, just a few minutes ago, I received a text from my brother.  We have not been very close the last 25 years and I to be frank my  love had dwindled for him.   Thank God, my Father stood waiting for him and I to receive His lavish love.   He text me to thank me for reaching out to his wife with prayers.  She is going through cancer treatment and it is very hard on her.  I was given the opportunity to pour out lavish love and prayers. Now I wait, expecting God to do a mighty work in her life.  My God can heal!  He will pour out His lavish love on her.  I am overflowing with the gift of love this morning.
I wait with the Father expecting great things to happen all around me.  And it's not even Christmas yet.

Please pray for my sister-n-law and the power of love and healing; God has for her.  Please pray for a Christmas miracle for her.  I want to send her my prayer shawl and a note of encouragement.  I can't wait to share more. I am expecting a full recovery for her and a restoration for my brother and I.

Oh, the other miracle, I have wanted to share with you is in a Divine Delay.  It is about a little boy, that John and I use to care for.  He has returned to my life and is now waiting for a possibility of him to reenter my life.  It is  lavish love story from the Father.  When I get more details, I will share the wonderful story of the little king! It is amazing how the Father works!  He has been so good to me.

Tears of joy, stream from the wrinkles of my face.  Wrinkles of love and the many stories that helped create them.

The promise for the day is from Deuteronomy 1:30 and perfect for this day.

I will go before you and fight your battles.  Deuteronomy 1:30.  

This is going to be a great day!  The Father is fighting, waiting and expecting.  Wow!  What a Father.

Tomorrow, I will return.  God willing!

Love is in my ink.
Mary Kay




No comments:

Post a Comment