Monday, October 16, 2017

Good bye Alice

Greetings!

It is 7 pm and the day went by so fast.  I stayed  home with John today.  I was suppose to go to a Bible study here in the neighborhood, but felt I needed to be here for him.  His eye looks better but he says he is all stuffed up.  He doesn't do being sick very well.  He hasn't been wearing his hearing aids, it sounds like I am yelling at him.  I am!  He is very stubborn.  He asks me if he should do this or that and then gets mad when I give him an answer.  I am determined to take care of him with love and the heart of a servant.  It is not easy.

Next Monday, I will start a major cleaning of my cupboards inside and out.  I was able to hire a lady from church that needs the money, to help me.  I will get new liners this week.  I just don't do ladders like I did 10 years ago.  I want to start finding someone to help me once a month to get caught up with some of the housework.  This aging thing is not what I expected.  :)

Tonight, I am writing a letter to a classmate that died in an auto accident. I can't remember if she graduated with me or if she quiet school to marry.   She was married and had two children.  Her mother and dad owned a deli on the lake.  Alice was so pretty and so smart.  A few years ago, a girl contacted me that was searching for her brother and parents.  Alice's parents sold the store and raised Alice's two little children.  I lost track of them.   Here is the letter, to Alice.

Dear Alice,

Do you remember me?  It has been 55 plus years.  I never forgot you. You left so quickly and the accident was a shock to me and many others.  I pray you are enjoying heaven and will be in line to meet me when I arrive.

Your children must be in their 50's now.  I think you left behind a boy and a girl.   How did they do living with your parents?  Your mom was a great cook so I know your daughter and son ate well and were taught to cook and bake.  It all happened so fast.  One day, they were at the lake and the next they were gone.

Have you parents joined you?  Have you seen Anna Mae?

Several years ago, a girl contacted me that asked me questions about your family.  She was adopted and lived in the East Troy area.  The social worker was Mrs. Austin. Her husband owned Austin Studios.  I lost contact with her.

You were always so smart.  I admired your grades and determination.  I  haven't went by the deli/store for years.  But, I can close my eyes and see the big picture window up stairs.  When I first married, I live  in Elkhorn and would travel that way every once and awhile.  I live in Texas now.

Today, I am blessed to write to you and let you know I think about you.  I will see you some day soon.

Love is in the ink.
Mary Kay

When I was in high school, I don't remember talking about Jesus with my friends.  I do remember my friends were loyal, trustworthy, had values and morals.  I think about those days often. Writing has helped me put closure to some things and leave a heart of compassion when I leave this world.

The word for today is  Bondage and the verse reference is John 8:24  Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 

Merriam-Webster Dictionary online defines it a the tenure or service  of a villein, serf, or slave.

The promise for today is:
                 If I look after the sparrows, I will certainly take care of you.  Luke 12:6-7

It has been a good day.  Looking forward to a night of rest and a time of counting my blessings.

Love is in the ink.
Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment